JD Edwards Upgrade & Migration
An ERP system is a foundational technology upon which an organization’s support strategy is built. Downtime, unplanned stoppages or misaligned system configuration problems present serious issues for business continuity, service levels, operational costs and revenue generation. As such, the ERP system must be a primary focus of an IT organization’s continuous improvment efforts.
Spinnaker Support’s upgrade assessment services help clients evaluate the impact and value of upgrading their JD Edwards software.
Assessment activities include:
- Business drivers – Which business issues are motivating action?
- Stakeholders – Who will benefit and are investing in the solution?
- Project objectives – What are the specific objectives that must be met to achieve success?
- Functional review – Identify business requirements for system alignment.
- Technical review – Assess current and desired state infrastructure requirements.
- Resource review – Assess the organizational capacity to support a change initiative.
- Assess project risks, assumptions and constraints.
- Definition of preliminary scope.
Business value/ outcomes from the assessment include:
- Identify and validate the functional and technical benefits of an upgrade
- Gain organizational alignment and buy off early in the project’s life
- Determine the organizational impact of the continuous improvement initiative
- Establish a project budgetary estimate in which you have confidence
- A go forward plan